Security Guards UK have again pledged thier support for Telford Thai Boxing. We’re finally happy to announce the five children have been chosen to represent SGUK as part of the #SGUKFIGHTTEAM this is the second year SGUK have sponsored our club.
Choosing five kids was a very difficult decision and the five were chosen based on previous achievements or because they show potential.
Good luck to team SGUK in thier upcoming tournaments!
- A security guard’s role is to PROTECT people and property of his employer or contracted clients. So, the major responsibility of a security guard is prevention BEFORE an incident/offense occurs. The absence of incidents or offenses (crimes) is one sign that a security guard is doing a good job.
- Security guards should remain visible as a deterrent to criminals. Thefts, damage and injuries can be thwarted when the perpetrators see a security guard. So, a security guard should be highly visible. By being seen, the guard may discourage anyone who might be considering theft, damage, or personal injury.
- Security guards must remain alert to watch for abnormal activity or hear any unusual sounds. A security guard’s job is PREVENTION. To do the job well, the security guard MUST: Be alert, Listen and Watch. In fact, security guards should be suspicious of any activity that may draw them away from their post. It could be a plan to draw their attention away from their duties.
- Observe And Report
- A security guard’s responsibility DURING or AFTER an incident/offense has occurred is to OBSERVE and REPORT. If an offense occurs, a guard does not charge in. Instead, the security guard should:
• Stay calm
• Observe and remember events
• Report to the police/or the security guard’s supervisor (follow employer policy).
- During dangerous situations, such as robbery, burglary, or assault with a deadly weapon, the security guard will need help to apprehend the suspect. This involves calling the police immediately. Even the police who are trained to apprehend criminals are encouraged to call for help in dangerous situations.
- Security guards sometime assume a team player role when he/she is responsible for maintaining certain miscellaneous rules and policies established by the client (company/individual). These could include:
- Requiring employees to show their badges when entering the property; or
- Inspecting/searching employees leaving the premises; or
- Monitoring safety standards and reporting hazards; blocked exits, fire safety, slippery floors, etc.
The SGUK team are looking forward to some exciting new projects we will be involved with in 2015 in the following areas:
If you are interested in getting involved and working on these projects, please do not hesitate to get in touch !
You can call us on 01902 459501 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org-
Security Guards UK specialise in Construction Site security. We provide out of hours static guarding for some of the most prestigious construction contractors thruoghout the UK. We have the resources to provide security officers based local to each site anywhere in the UK. We can offer a free warning signage service to provide a visual detterant against tresspassers, vandals and intruders. Give us a call on 0800 028 1513 or email us at email@example.com to get a quote!
Experts in Security
April 2014 sees the launch of the new SECURITY GUARDS UK website which has been redesigned and revamped in accordance with our continued efforts to develop and enhance our organisation.
Our website has been re-launched with an energetic new look, new content and new features including a 'Live Events and News' Section and an updated 'recruitment' section enabling applicants to apply online as well as by post and email.
Commenting on the website, Peter Taylor, Marketing Director at Security Guards UK, commented: ‘We are thrilled with the new website. It represents our core values of internal recruitment and our continued strategy to maintain our status as a leading National Security Provider. As well as a fresh new design and colour layout, we wanted to update the content and functionality of the website to give both candidates and clients a user friendly experience.’
We would appreciate feedback from clients as well as applicants and any suggestions for improving the design. Layout or further content that would enhance our website would be welcomed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you think!
Many thanks for your Continued Support.
SECURITY GUARDS UK TEAM
Security Guards UK are committed to developing our workforce and assisting to ensure that all security personnel are kept up to date with their qualifications. As a result, we have teamed up with training providers throughout the UK to deliver tailor made courses to cater for the security Industry.
We can now offer the following:
Door Supervision Training
First Aid Certificate
Fire Marshal Training
All candidates receive certification once they have successfully passed.
For further information or to register your interest, please contact HR at email@example.com
Security Guards UK
Security Guards UK are proud to announce that we have been awarded BSIA accreditation.
Security Guards UK are now part of an elite group of security firms and join the likes of G4S and Securitas
Following a detailed and comprehensive audit Security Guards UK have achieved membership into a unique group of high quality and professional security companies which are well-respected and well-represented to government, end users and legislative bodies.
As part of the audit process Security Guards UK also retained the prestigious ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Standard for another consecutive year.
Peter Taylor (General Manager for West Midlands Region) commented:
"We are extremely proud to have been awarded BSIA membership. Our membership is well deserved and recognises the hard work and professionalism Security Guards UK employees deliver to our clients all day, every day and in all conditions. This recognition is for every single employee from the management team to our guards on the ground and we look forward to building on our portfolio of accreditations and retaining the high standards of services throughout our organisation for 2014 and beyond.
We would like to thank our customers, clients and contractors for their continued support and commitment to Security Guards UK and we look forward to continuing our working relation with yourselves in future.
All the team at Security Guards UK