Construction site security
Construction sites are an attractive target for vandalism, scrap merchants and opportunistic thieves. It is common for a lot of construction sites to suffer some damage at various stages of a project, often repeatedly. In some cases, insurance companies will refuse to insure construction sites without any evidence of the security measures in place.
Security Guards UK offers a high quality construction site security service to contractors across the country. Our construction site security guarding service is unparalleled and incorporates regular perimeter patrols, incident reporting, emergency procedures and much more.
Our highly experienced security officers are all SIA licensed and authoritative beyond question, from their appearance to their demeanor. Each of our crime prevention specialists will undertake site specific surveys, and will liaise with the site management team prior to project commencement. Security Guards UK understands that collaborative working on-site is the best method to ensure the safety of workers and equipment. All patrol routes, site risks, perimeter boundaries and any other potential ‘hot spots’ are identified through the survey; actions are proposed, agreed upon, and implemented.
- Site Security officer’s will sign in and report directly to the site management team
- Any special requirements are discussed: for example, the holding of keys or any out of hours access by members of staff or deliveries must be communicated
- A walk around patrol is conducted alongside the site manager to determine any changes in materials, perimeter boundary or vehicle positioning
- A handover signature is taken from the site management to confirm the handover of the site to the security team
- Regular site patrols are conducted at specified intervals
- The officer will patrol the whole of the site where accessible; checking windows, doors, gates and internal/external boundaries.
- Construction plant machinery is checked and recorded
- Any damage, unsecured windows or doors are logged and reported
- All vehicles on site at the start of the shift will be logged and any movement during the shift will also be reported on
- All fences, doors, gates and windows are inspected
- Site keys are handed over to the site management team
- Security Officer will ensure the welfare facilities are left clean and tidy
- A final handover signature is taken from the site management team, confirming the site has been handed back over
Managing the Contract
To learn more about managing the contract, click here.
Visit Our Portifolio
Please visit our portfolio page for a list of companies we are currently working with.
For any further information regarding any aspect of our services, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 028 1513 or email us with your enquiry to email@example.com.