Security Guards UK provide a high quality static security services and banksmen throughout the UK.
We have qualified, trained, unrivaled, static security guards and banksmen that can be deployed on site, nation wide within 4 hours. Our operations team carefully select guards according to the project brief. Site specific training is given prior to the start of any project so we can provide you the best guards for your site. All of our guards are SIA and Banksman trained in addition to going through a detailed, thorough vetting program.
Some of the duties our Static Security Guards carry out on site include:
- Regularly patrol around the site.
- Keep a patrol log and get a handover signature from the site manager at the start and end of the shifts.
- All incidents, sightings and suspicious behaviour will be relayed to site management. Security guards will liaise with the emergency services in the event of any major incidents.
- All our security guards will be properly uniformed and of smart attire.
- Control and monitor the movement of all vehicles and people to and from the site. Therefore, keeping the flow of the site in good nature.
- Diligently apply their training to ensure that all property and the premises are secured.
- Usually operate from a gate house and often in union with mobile patrols.
- Wear High Vis vests and be identifiable as figures of authority.
- If required, our guards can carry out random searches of vehicles and personnel.
- Searches will always be carried out in a courteous and efficient manner.
- The security guards will fill out log books in order to track all site activities.
- Registers will be kept for keys, lost property and any searches carried out.
The role of our banksmen
- The banksmen will help keep all site vehicle traffic in good flow.
- Direct the movement of the trucks and lorry’s into small spaces for loading and unloading.
- In charge of crane movements and keeping hazards out the way of the crane.
- Keeping pedestrians away from areas of traffic in the event of an accident
What we will do for you
All of our guards are trained to use ‘Guard scan 2000’ which is a guard tracking system. During the initial site survey, we would identify the patrol route for the security guard and if required, install clocking tags around the site. Each Security Guard will scan each checkpoint around the site ensuring that regular patrols are being carried out. Reports are electronically generated.
Construction sites are often attractive targets for vandals, scrap merchants and thieves. It is common for many construction sites to suffer damage at various stages of a project, often repeatedly. In some cases, insurance companies will refuse to insure sites without evidence of security measures in place.
Security Guards UK additionally offers a high quality construction site security service to contractors across the country. Our construction site security guarding service is unrivaled and incorporates regular perimeter patrols, incident reporting, emergency procedures and much more.
Our highly experienced security officers are all SIA licensed and posses an assertive presence beyond question, from their appearance to their demeanor. Each of our crime prevention specialists will undertake site specific surveys, and will liaise with the site management team prior to the project starting. Security Guards UK equally understands that collaborative working on-site is the best method to ensure the safety of workers and equipment. All patrol routes, site risks, perimeter boundaries and any other potential ‘hot spots’ are identified through the survey; actions are proposed, agreed upon, and therefore implemented.
Our Security Service Procedure:
- Site Security officer’s will sign in and report directly to the site management team
- Any special needs are discussed: for example, the holding of keys or any out of hours access by members of staff or deliveries must be detailed.
- A walk around patrol is conducted alongside the site manager to determine any changes in materials, perimeter boundary or vehicle positioning
- A hand over signature is taken from the site management to confirm the hand over of the site to the security team
- Site patrols are conducted at specified intervals therefore regular tabs are kept on the site
- Guards will patrol the whole of the site where accessible, for instance, checking windows, doors, gates and boundaries.
- Construction site machinery is checked and recorded
- Any damage, unsecured windows or doors are logged and reported
- All vehicles on site at the start of the shift will be logged and any movement during the shift will also be reported.
- An inspection will be held in order to make sure all fences, doors, gates and windows are closed. Therefore, making it harder for intruders to break in.
- Site keys are handed over to the site management team
- Security Officers will ensure the welfare facilities are left clean and tidy
- A final hand over signature is taken from the site management team, therefore confirming the site has been handed back over
Get in touch today for a FREE and no-obligation consultation with one of our security experts. You can call us on 0800 028 1513 or email us with your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our portfolio page for a list of companies we are currently working with.
For information on some of the other services we provide, please take a look at our services page or our downloadable e-brochure